Digital marketing has become a hit in Uganda. Many Uganda’s are getting online every day to share their thoughts and views. Internetworldstats.com estimates Internet users to be over 18,502,166 million out of 45,741,007 this is approximately 40.4% of internet penetration in Uganda and the number is likely to rise with the increase of smart phones.
Social media users in Uganda
- There were 2.50 million social media users in Uganda in January 2020. ( Facebook 2.5 million, Instagram 0.376 million, linked in 0.712 millions )
- The number of social media users in Uganda increased by 532 thousand (+27%) between April 2019 and January 2020.
- Social media penetration in Uganda stood at 5.6% in January 2020.
By using Digital marketing, Your company will be tapping into this free and ready market.
There has been a steady growth in the digital media world and digital media (websites and social media) has become an integral part of how people communicate, stay in touch, keep on top of new developments and otherwise connect with the world around them.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and WhatsApp are some of the popular social media sites that are being used in Uganda and this has been largely driven by the increased access to devices such as mobile phones and computers and also internet connectivity.
Mobile connections in Uganda
- There were 26.83 million mobile connections in Uganda in January 2020.
- The number of mobile connections in Uganda increased by 1.9 million (+7.7%) between January 2019 and January 2020.
- The number of mobile connections in Uganda in January 2020 was equivalent to 60% of the total population.
Our task will be to invite Uganda to join us on this amazing Journey. We will tell them about us, what we do, how we do it, who we do it with and for and how we plan to make their financial lives more convenient using online platform.
Out task will be to market Our company online using the available social Media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and the website. We will market this using these platforms as our main vehicle of communication!
The main question that comes to mind is how to –
- Grow awareness for company
- Grow Affinity for the company
- Grow traffic to company website
- Grow number of bookings for the service.
- Grow engagement on the social media platforms for the company
- position our self to be the supreme service provider in the hotelier section in Uganda
As we develop and grow in the digital age, more and more of this communication is happening online. It’s your job as a digital marketer to establish a presence on these digital channels and maximize your online reach to get more guests in your business.